Welcome to Vigo County School Corporation Food Services

Thank you for giving Vigo County School Corporation Food Services the opportunity to care for the nutritional needs of your children. We strive to provide nutritionally balanced meals for our students to enhance their ability to concentrate and learn.

Everyday is a perfect day for school breakfast and lunch.

School Breakfast – Good for Kids and Good for Parents!

  • Breakfast is available every school day in the cafeteria.
  • Breakfast is served until bell rings.
  • Elementary starts serving breakfast at 7:50 a.m
  • Middle School starts serving at 7:30 a.m
  • High School starts serving at 7:15 a.m
It’s easy! It’s affordable! It’s tasty! It’s good for the brain!
Offer vs Serve(OVS) is how our lunch program operates. The goal is to reduce food waste
while allowing students to choose the foods they want to eat. Students are required to select
at least 3 components, including at least 1/2 cup of fruits and/or veggies. Options to choose from
include: milk, protein, fruit, vegetables, and whole or enriched grain items.

2023-2024 Meal Prices

VCSC Food Services is committed to providing a nutritious and affordable breakfast and lunch to every student. We will never deny a student meals because of inability to pay.

USDA Breakfast Program
  • Full Paid Student                                   $1.55
  • Reduced Student                                    $0.30
  • Adult                                                         $2.75
USDA Lunch Program
  • Elementary Full Paid Student                    $3.10
  • Elementary & Secondary Reduced            $0.40
  • Secondary Full Paid Student                      $3.25
  • Adult                                                                $4.85

Meal payments online

Visit www.myschoolbucks.com

Apply for free or reduced meals status online

Visit www.myschoolapps.com

Frequently Asked Questions

How does my student pay for their meals?

Each student’s meal account number is their personal school identification number assigned to them when they first enroll in any Vigo County School. The student enters their number on a key pad at check out, the amount will then be deducted from their account.

How do I put money on my student's account?

You may pay for meals by the day, week, month or year. Payments may be sent to school with your child or may be brought directly to the school cafeteria or office. Payments can be made by cash or check in the school. We do take credit card payments on-line www.myschoolbucks.com.

What is your charging procedure?

Read our corporation charging procedure here.

How do I know how much money is in my student's account?

You may call your student’s cafeteria manager or go to myschoolbucks.com.

How do I apply for Free or Reduced Meal Benefits?

You may apply for meal benefits by Applying on-line www.myschoolapps.com. Paper applications are available at your school’s office or from a cafeteria manager. You may also apply in person at Vigo County Food Services office at 3250 Maple Ave.



Tom Lentes
Food Services Administrator
Nancy Gatrell
Food Services Admin Asst
Sara Ramsey
Free/Reduced Meal Benefits
Paula Vaughn
Financial Operations Manager
Barbara Brewer
Field Advisor
Chris Stone
IT Food Specialist
Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.