Resources & Support
The Office of Student Services administers a wide range of student resources, including school security, nursing, counseling, at-risk programs, and student records.
Non-Discrimination Notice: Section 504/Title II
The policy of the Vigo County School Corporation is that there will be no discrimination made on the basis of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or handicap in the educational services or activities which it supports.
- DIBELS Next/VPort
- Type To Learn
Type to Learn is a keyboarding program for students. Keyboarding lessons are specifically designed to keep students engaged while they are introduced to keystrokes and learn proper technique.
Login | Download
- Khan Academy
Khan Academy is a free resource for all grade levels focused on math, science and engineering, computing, arts and humanities, economics and finance, test prep, and college, careers, and more. It serves as the official SAT practice resource, through a college readiness partnership with College Board.
- Reading Counts
Students are encouraged to read for enjoyment, with increased fluency as a goal. To check comprehension, students may choose to take a quiz through Reading Counts. Quizzes are available for many books, but there may be some books that a quiz is not available.
Username: (VCSC Lunch Number) Password: (VCSC Lunch Number) Learn more
- Brittanica Online Brittanica Online is an encyclopedia resource for elementary through high school students. Learn more
- Read Live
- Summer Extended Learning Activities
- McGraw-Hill ConnectED
ConnectED provides access to Reading Wonders, Everyday Math, Social Studies, and Health textbooks for K-5 students.
Directions for Single Sign-on
- SAFARI Montage
Safari Montage is a curated collection of videos, photographs and other documents that are aligned to student standards.
Learn more | Download
- Homework Hotline
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Homework Hotline is a free math and science tutoring service for students in grades 6-12.
A service of the Indiana State Library, Inspire provides students with a number of databases.
EBSCO is the leading provider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, e-books and discovery service to libraries of all kinds. For more than 70 years, we’ve partnered with libraries to improve research with quality content and technology.
VCSC School Permit Application Guidelines
- The VCSC school permit request should only be filled out if your child lives in one VCSC school district and wishes to attend a different VCSC school.
- The out of county permit should be filled out if your child lives outside Vigo County/is districted to attend another school corporation.
- You only need to request a VCSC school permit once–it will extend for the child’s entire career at a school. The out of county permit is required each year.
- When filling out the VCSC school permit form, “permit school” means the desired school and “home school” means the districted school.
Homeless Youth Services for Students in the VCSC
As parents raising children while trying to manage the difficulties of homelessness, the last thing you want to worry about is your children’s education. The McKinney-Vento act was created to give your children rights as you navigate your way to a permanent housing situation. Your children rights include the following:
- The right to enroll immediately, even if you do not have all the required paperwork.
- The right to school placement at the school that is in your best interest.
- The right to other services such as fees for breakfast and lunch provided by the school, as well as fees for textbooks, should be waived for the children.
- The right to appeal decisions regarding enrollment and services.
- The right to attend school and school activities without the fear of being singled out.
Who Can Help
Marie Callahan is the VCSC’s McKinney-Vento Liaison. She assists families in homeless situations with school related issues such as: enrollment, transportation, and obtaining records for the school.
Contact Marie Callahan at 812-462-4011 or by email at email@example.com.