The Vigo County School Corporation uses an electronic flyer communication tool called Peachjar.
Each school can email electronic flyers to its families. Organizations can send approved electronic flyers to all families at each school. If you did not provide your email address to your student’s school and would like to receive Peachjar e-flyers, let your school office know to add your email address.
If you are not receiving emails from Peachjar, there are two possible reasons for this:
Your email address is not on file with your school.
Let your school office know to add your email address to the district contact form. You can also visit the FAQs below for other instructions on adding your email address to the Peachjar distribution list or resetting your password.
The Peachjar emails are going into your spam folder or you can’t see the images in the email.
To prevent the e-flyers from going into your spam folder, add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your email contacts. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
Peachjar is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Flyers may have multiple pages.
- Include the following disclaimer using exact wording not less than size 12 font: Neither this material and/or activity is sponsored or endorsed by the VCSC. With the posting and/or distribution of this material, the sponsoring organization/individual agrees that the VCSC, as well as its individual school board members, administrators, teachers, and other employees, will be held harmless by the sponsoring organization for any liability, cost, damage, and attorney fees that result directly or indirectly from the material contained in the distributed literature and from the programs conducted by the sponsoring organization.
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
Our district cooperates with approved community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below.
Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.