Good, Good Evening Sarah Scott Family,

This is Scotia Brown, your principal, with your Scott Burst for the week of February 5th.

Congratulations to our Scotties who participated in the regional MathCounts competition, this past Saturday, at Rose Hulman.  We are so proud of Vincent Kelly, Gionna Clanton, Hyden Lugar, and McKade Griese for representing Sarah Scott!  Although our team didn’t place, they did a great job!  A special “Thank you” to Mrs. Woolston for your time and dedication in coaching this outstanding MathCounts Team!

We’ll see you tomorrow morning for Meaningful Monday.  Meaningful Monday is our way of saying “You are important to us”.  As you drop off your Scottie, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and a copy of the school newspaper.

If you saw our 6th and 7th grade girls’ basketball teams last week, we are sure you will want to be in the stands on Tuesday, when our girls take on West Vigo Middle School.  The games begin at 5:00 for this home game.

Thursday, our girls’ basketball teams will have a home game against Otter Creek Middle School.  The cheerleaders will be there.  The Sarah Scott dance team will be there.  Will you?   Join us at 5:00 for all the excitement.

The 3rd quarter midterm ends this Tuesday.  Parents, be sure to check out your Scotties Skyward account to be sure all assignments have been turned in.  We encourage you to monitor assignment completions, grades, missing assignments on Skyward.  If you have any questions, please reach out to your Scotties teachers.  If your Scottie needs help in math, help is available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 3:30 to 4:30.

Terre Haute South High School will hold their Curriculum Fair on Monday evening at 6:00.  If your Scottie won’t be joining us for the trip to South, we hope you will be taking your Scottie to this event to get all of the important information that will be shared with incoming freshmen.

Mark your calendars and help us spread the  word that next Monday will be the Sarah Scott food distribution.  From 9:00 to 10:00, anyone needing  food box is welcomed to come to Sarah Scott and pick up one.  Remember, everyone is welcome.  Please help us spread the word by posting on your social media.

That’s it for our announcements, but as always, if there is anything we can do to help,  give us a call at “Sarah Scott:  Where Hope is Inspired, Talent is Trained, and Potential is Developed!”