SARAH SCOTT MIDDLE SCHOOL
Sarah Scott represents the best of neighborhood schools. We are located in the South Central portion of the city of Terre Haute, Indiana. We offer a full array of academic and co-curricular programs for a diverse and active urban student population. Sarah Scott’s class sizes provides optimal opportunities for individual attention and the development of the talents of all students. A complete schedule of academic classes is available, and students may enroll in clubs, athletics, and academic competitions. Sarah Scott takes pride in the fact that its parents and families constitute an integral part of school life and work with teachers and administrators to create the most positive environment for student achievement.
We recognize that middle school level students have special social, emotional, physical, and academic needs that are different from those of younger students and from those of older secondary students. It is, therefore, the mission of Sarah Scott Middle School to concentrate all efforts on being educationally and developmentally responsive. We strive to enable all our students to enjoy a lifetime of learning and to acquire the skills necessary to become productive citizens in a diverse and changing world.
- At Sarah Scott Middle School We Believe That:Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students learn best when our staff maintains high expectations for learning.
- Curriculum needs to incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in student learning.
- Effective school leaders engage in practices that support the ongoing improvement of teaching and student performance.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for helping learning.