Mathematics Teacher and College Challenge(CC) Teacher
I am currently teaching Pre-Calculus CC, Trigonometry CC, Algebra and Quantitative Reasoning CC(which is Math that is used in Real life…budgets, finance, investing, buying a car, etc).
In the Math department, College Challenge courses are: Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, and Quantitative Reasoning
College Challenge courses are offered through Indiana State University. These credits can transfer to most colleges. Check with the college of your choice to make sure that they transfer.
Please ask your counselor about DUAL CREDIT and COLLEGE CHALLENGE courses. This is an inexpensive and sometimes FREE way to get College Credits! There are also AP courses as well!
Below is the list of materials needed for my courses. Please look under your course heading and have the appropriate items for class and bring them with you every day.
- Writing Tool
- Writing Tool
- Writing Tool
- Be on time, prepared with pencils, paper and notebook. There will be no extra copies of papers – be organized. Work should be done in PENCIL. If you do it in pen and mess up and I can’t read it, I can’t grade it.
- Notes and homework are a MANDATORY part of this class. Be prepared to take notes every day. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to get homework from me and notes from someone in the class. Know that most times, I will take questions on tests from notes and/or let you use notes or a single sheet of notes on a test.
- Homework is due on the day set. If you are absent, you have 3 days to turn work in for full credit. If you have a situation, come see me. Homework is very important You need to do your OWN homework in order to succeed. PhotoMath and Slader are not always right!! Plus, if you copy their work, I will know. Please ask questions. You MUST MUST MUST show your work ALWAYS! If you do your work in your head, I will give you points in my head! We will have homework 4 days a week. If you do not show your work, I will not grade it. Do NOT just write answers.
- Tests: you will be able to use a single piece of paper(8 1/2 x 11) with whatever you want hand-written on it for the tests.
- Be respectful and kind to yourself and others.
- Cell phones: NOPE. If I see them out while I am teaching or during any time that I do NOT give permission to you to have them out then you WILL get a detention. AND I probably won’t say anything at the time…I will wait till I’m done and then give it to you. OR I will take it. We do NOT use cell phones for calculators.
- Only drinks allowed must have screwtop lids. If you eat in my room and leave a mess or ANY wrappers around your desk, YOU WILL Swiffer my room every day for a week(5 days)!
Mrs. Janine Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Study/Tutor time: 7:30am-8am or after school, by appointment.
Monday: SRT – Information provided
Tuesday: SRT – Makeup tests and tutoring
Wednesday: SRT – Clubs
Thursday: SRT – Makeup tests and tutoring
Friday: SRT – Makeup tests and tutoring
8:10-8:55: First Hour
9:00-9:45: Second Hour
10:25-11:10: Third Hour
11:15-12:45: Fourth Hour & Lunch Periods
A 11:15-11:45 Lunch
B 11:15-11:43 Class
C 11:15-12:13 Class
12:50-1:35: Fifth Hour
1:40-2:25: Sixth Hour
2:30-3:15: Seventh Hour
Two Hour Delay Schedule
10:10-10:40: First Hour
10:45-12:15: Fourth Hour & Lunch Periods
A 10:45-11:15 Lunch
B 10:45-11:13 Class
C 10:45-11:43 Class
12:20-12:50: Second Hour
12:55-1:25: Third Hour
1:30-2:00: Fifth Hour
2:05-2:35: Sixth Hour
2:40-3:15: Seventh Hour
(Announcements at 3:10-3:15)