CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Week of December 5 – Fannie May candy fundraiser delivery – more details to follow!
December 6– Student Council holiday party after school!
December 7 – Kindergarten Winter Fun Night! 6:00-7:00 PM in kindergarten classrooms.
December 13 –Christmas Program in the gymnasium! Grades K-1 at 9:00 AM, grades 2-3 at
10:15 and grades 4-5 at 1:15 PM. Please feel free to park in the playground area behind the
school by the gymnasium!!
December 17– Elks sponsored Hoop Shoot at Terre Haute South at 9:00 AM. Good luck to our
participants, Nolan Boyd, Mia Cottrell, Kole DeMoss and Ava Neukom.
December 19 – Classroom holiday celebrations!
December 20– Last day of school before Christmas vacation! Dismissal is 1:45!!!
December 20 – Last day of the 2 nd grading period and end of the first semester.
December 21– January 3– Christmas vacation – NO SCHOOL!
January 4– First day back to school after Christmas break! Welcome 2023!
EIGHT KEYS TO SUCCESS!!
1. Attending school on time and everyday.
2. Getting 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
3. Eating a healthy breakfast each morning.
4. Paying attention in class.
5. Writing down all assignments for each subject.
6. Starting projects when getting them.
7. Completing homework on time.
8. Reading for pleasure each day.
– HOOP SHOOT! – Congratulations to Cole Courtney, Kole DeMoss, Addison Switzer,
Caiden Grigsby and Kalena Pollert. They will be representing Dixie Bee at the Elks Hoop
Shoot at Terre Haute South on Saturday, December 17th at 9:00 AM. Good luck to our
– Congratulations!! –– Mayor Bennett’s Character Education classroom nominees for the
month of November: (Citizenship: “Showing empathy, caring, valuing diversity, and
appreciating and caring for the world.”"), Kindergarten: Elliott Sebastian, Merakhi
Hutchinson, Caylee Racines, Asher Davis, Jack Tanoos, 1st Grade: Madelynn Gregg,
Cooper Caton, Ava Huwer, Addison Kelsey, Nolan Bauer, 2nd Grade: Callie Behnke,
River Jasper, Naomi Carual, Carter Singh, Kruz McLeod, 3rd Grade: Anna Kasinger,
Maddox Crosley, Hailey Stephens, Sophia Hoggatt, 4th Grade: Carli Millington, Adrian
Espinosa, Hailey Hock, Olive Minster, 5th Grade: Kaydence Geller, Winter Fulk, Drew
Drummond, Isabella Rosas. Special congratulations are in order to fifth grader, Kaydence
Geller, who will represent Dixie Bee this month at the City Council meeting!
– More Congratulations! – Congratulations to our Spell Bowl team and Coach Dana Bennett!
They were Regional Champs at the Indiana Spell Bowl on November 15 th ! Team members
are: Nilufer Akgul, Ava Asadi, Akal Lehal, Saanvi Motycka, Carolina Sagahon, Hayden
Sappingfield, Sophia Spencer, Anaya Thothala, Mia Wheaton and Claire Zuo. Way to
– WINTER! – Please make sure your child comes to school dressed appropriately for outside
recess. A heavy winter coat, hat and gloves help ensure that your child stays warm on chilly
winter days! Also, please mark these items with your child’s name.
– MARK IT DOWN! – The testing window for the spring ILEARN will be April 17 – May 12,
2023. Please do not schedule any out of town activities during this time frame. Thank you!
– IMMUNIZATIONS – Immunizations can help protect your child from many common
infections. Theses infections can lead to serious and even life-threatening complications.
Indiana law requires that students be immunized against diphtheria, pertussis (whooping
cough), tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, and varicella (chicken pox). Not
all these immunizations are required at every grade level. Your school has information
regarding specific requirements.
Throughout the school year, school nurses review student records and send letters
to parents of those students who have incomplete records. In our community, immunizations
are available for low or no cost at Well Child Clinic (462-3446) and Sycamore Nursing Center
(237-2323). You may call for an appointment if your child’s immunizations are not up to
date. Thank you!
– HOLIDAY WISHES! – The Dixie Bee Family would like to wish each one of you a most
joyous holiday season and a happy and healthy New Year!
Dixie Bee Elementary School Purpose Statement
Teachers, administrators, parents and the community of Dixie
Bee School maintain high expectations for academic growth of all
students. Students learn best when actively engaged in the
learning process in a positive, safe, and secure school environment.