Welcome to Ms. Bolin’s Classroom!
I have been a teacher at Sugar Grove since 2000. I graduated from Indiana University in 1999 with a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education. I received a Master of Education in Elementary Education from Indiana State University in 2002. With the exception of two years teaching kindergarten, third grade has been my niche. I adore this age!
- headphones (wired only, no Bluetooth)
- 2 dry erase markers
- 2 or more highlighters (multiple colors preferred)
- 1 pocket folder
- 1 composition journal
- 1 box of crayons
- 1 box of yellow pencils
- pencil-top erasers
- glue sticks (2)
- 1 pair of scissors
- durable zippered pouch
- 2 boxes of tissues
There are always additional items that are useful in the classroom, but are not on the supply list. If you are compelled to contribute any of these items, they will be greatly appreciated!
- bandages (flexible fabric or waterproof)
- lens wipes (for cleaning Chromebook screens)
- paper towels or napkins
- Always be respectful of the teacher’s right to teach, other students’ right to learn, and everyone in the classroom.
- Bodily autonomy is a person’s right to govern what happens to their body without external influence or coercion. At school, this means that all individuals are entitled to personal space, and personal boundaries will be respected.
- Chromebooks are essential for learning and assignment completion. Take good care of it, and bring it to school every day. Students are expected to be on task when using Chromebooks. Intentional misuse will be subject to consequences.
- Discipline: Clip charts are not used in my classroom. Behaviors are discussed with a student privately, and guardians are notified if/when specific issues warrant it.
1:45-2:30 Science/Health/Social Studies
Thursday: Media Center
Friday: Technology Time