About Mrs. Gleason
Early Childhood Development-K-9-Bachelor of Science, Lee University
Boonsboro Christian Academy-Principal, Pre-K Through Ninth Grade Teacher
Community Christian School-Pre-K and 3rd Grade Teacher
Vigo School Corporation-Long Term Substitute for 4th and 5th Grade
Woodrow Wilson-6th Grade Science/Gifted and Talented-Woodrow Wilson
I have been blessed with four amazing sons-Nathan, Sam, Ben, and Isaac. Our family pets include beehives, a leopard gecko, and a painted turtle. Kayaking, scrapbooking, tutoring, family time, art, reading, and long walks with my husband fill my summer days.
I enjoy teaching science because it covers a wide variety of academic disciplines. My elementary background complements teaching active sixth-grade students. An American inventor by the name of John Hammond sums up the most important thing we need to teach our children each day, “Character is the real foundation of all worthwhile success in life”.
- composition notebook
- folder for science purposes
I am always grateful for parents that are willing to go above and beyond to contribute to the classroom with extra supply donations. Please consider supporting the classroom pets by supplying the following:
- Hermit crab bedding
- Hamster bedding
- Hamster food
- Always be respectful of the teacher’s right to teach, other students’ right to learn, and everyone in the classroom.
- Keep hands off other students and their belongings.
- Ears and eyes forward when someone is teaching.
- NO gum in my classroom unless it is part of our lab activity.
- Cellphone use is at the teacher’s discretion. Cellphones should be turned off and away unless told otherwise.
- Use the RR before class starts. Plan out your day with RR breaks in mind. Drop off materials to avoid unnecessary trips upstairs to your locker so you have extra time to stop at the RR.
- Arrive to class on time every day with ALL your needed books and supplies. Chromebook, current workbook, wired earbuds, your science folder, 2 sharpened pencils, and paper are regular supplies that you need to have with you each day. Students should be in their seats ready to learn when the second bell rings.
- I will dismiss you at the end of class – NOT the bell.
- Consequences may include the following:
- Parent contact, lunch detention, loss of the privilege to participate in-class labs and activities with peers, dean referral
8:55-9:40 Office Hours/Plan/Team
9:45-10:30 Office Hours/Plan/Team
10:35-11:20 4th Period
11:25-12:10 5th Period
12:50-1:35 7th Period
1:40-2:25 8th Period
2:25-3:15 9th Period