Welcome to my website for 6th grade Social Studies!
Educational Background: I am a graduate of Indiana State University with a Bachelors and Masters degree in education.
Professional Background: This is my 32nd year of teaching. I taught for 22 years at Riley Elementary, grades 1-4. I moved to Lost Creek Elementary in 2014 and taught 5th grade for 7 years. I moved to Woodrow Wilson in the fall of 2020. I am excited to be a Woodrow Wilson Warrior!
Personal Background: I am a lifelong resident of Terre Haute. I went to Pimento Elementary, Honey Creek Jr. High, and Terre Haute South. My husband and I share 6 children spread out over the country. Tyler and Kayla live in sunny Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Caleb teaches middle school. He and his wife Dannis live in Chicago. Hannah teaches high school english. She and her husband Chance live in Little Rock, Arkansas. Lydia is a dental assistant in Terre Haute. Chloe also lives in Little Rock. We have two fur baby golden doodles (Winnie and Willow). We love to travel and spend time with friends and family.
- Two spiral notebooks
- colored pencils or crayons
- hand held pencil sharpener (with cover to collect shavings)
- PENCILS….LOTS OF PENCILS! 🙂
- Pencils! 🙂
- Spiral notebooks
- Pocket folders with prongs
- Always be respectful of the teacher’s right to teach, other students’ right to learn, and everyone in the classroom.
- NO cell phones! Cell phones must be out of sight. Three violations will result in a write up to the dean.
- Arrive to class on time every day with ALL your needed books and supplies. Three tardys will result in a write up to the dean.
- I will dismiss you at the end of class – NOT the bell.