Hello! Thank you for visiting. My name is Mrs. Joy Jackson and I am blessed to be a kindergarten teacher here at Rio Grande. I graduated from Indiana State University in 2002 with a degree in Early Childhood Education and a Kindergarten endorsement. I have been teaching kindergarten ever since. I have lived in north Terre Haute for most of my life and am proud to be raising my own three children in the same community. My husband and I love to travel when we aren’t watching our kids in their own activities. If I could do anything at all it would be to read, read, read. It is my favorite hobby and I enjoy carrying it over into the classroom. I hope my students grow to enjoy learning and reading as much as I do.
Kindergarten Supply List
- 1 regular size plastic supply box
- 4 glue sticks
- 1 pair of child’s scissors
- 2 boxes crayons (24 count)
- 2 packages of Twistable colored pencils (12 count)
- 1 set of inexpensive headphones (NOT earbuds)
- 1 zippered nylon pencil pouch (with a clear plastic front for the sticker)
- 2 DURABLE red, plastic folders with prongs
- 8 black dry erase markers
- 1 white rectangle eraser
- 1 small can of playdough
- 1 box of tissues
- 1 box of quart slide zipper baggies
- 1 bottle hand sanitizer
- 1 roll of paper towels
Boys-1 container of disinfectant wipes
Girls-1 box gallon slide zipper baggies
- (optional) Wireless Mouse
- (optional) Keyboard Cover
*Keep hands, feet, and everything to yourself.
*Sit and work quietly.
*Walk at all times.
*Be a good listener.
*Use kind words.
*Raise hand to talk.
Special Area Class Schedule
Wednesday: Computer Lab
11:25-11:45 Restroom Break
12:45-1:25 Special Area Class
1:45-2:40 Social Studies/Science/Health