Welcome to 4th Grade!
Fourth Grade is an amazing year filled with exciting subjects, fun activities, and challenging projects!
Hello! My name is Mrs. Lindsay Swan. I have a bachelors degree in Elementary Education and Junior High/Middle School Language Arts from Indiana State University. I also earned my masters degree in Literacy from Indiana State University. This is my 24th year teaching. In that time, I have taught a variety of grades and subjects including: Reading Recovery, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, Sixth Grade Language Arts, and Seventh Grade Language Arts. I am married and have two children: a daughter and a son. I enjoy watching my kids play a variety of sports such as volleyball, baseball, tennis, and golf. My two favorite vacation spots are Disney World and the beach. I love reading a good book, relaxing with my friends and family, and watching a good movie. Jelly Belly jellybeans and coffee are two of my favorite things. I’m looking forward to an awesome school year!
Math: Place Value into the Millions, Adding & Subtracting Large Numbers & Fractions, Multi-Digit Multiplication, Long Division
Spelling: Spell grade appropriate words correctly, consulting references as needed
Reading: Read a variety of genres and be able to describe characters, settings, and events in the story while learning grade appropriate vocabulary words
Writing: Write routinely for a variety of reasons including persuasive, expository, narrative, and informational
Grammar: Use language conventions correctly while focusing on sentence structure and the parts of speech
Science: Use directed inquiry to learn about life, earth, and space science
Social Studies: Develop an understanding of Indiana’s land, people, geography, history, statehood, and economy
Dates to Remember
Feb. 3-Interim Reports Sent Home
Feb. 20- President’s Day. NO SCHOOL
Mar. 10- End of Grading Period 3
Mar. 27-31- Spring Break. NO SCHOOL
- 24-Sharpened Pencils (mechanical are fine)
- 1-big eraser
- 1-box of colored pencils
- 1-package of markers
- 1-box of crayons
- 1-red pen
- 1 black or blue pen
- 1-sharp pointed scissors
- 3-glue sticks
- 1-zippered pencil bag
- 1-accordian style folder with 5 or more pockets
- 4 dry erase markers/erasers
- 2-spiral notebooks (any color)
- 2-boxes of tissue
- 1-small art box
- 1-2 pocket folder (any color)
- 1 – Box plastic baggies (any size)
- $12.00 for Assignment Notebook/Scholastic News
- Never settle for less than your best.
- Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
- Listen when others are speaking.
- Raise your hand if you would like to speak.
- Be kind and respectful to others.
- Keep hands, feet, and other objects to yourself at all times.
- Do not run, skip, crawl, or hop in the classroom.
- Arrive to school each day with ALL of your books, supplies, and Chromebook (charged).
- Cell Phones are to remain silent and in lockers all day.
- Always try your BEST!
- Ask questions if you do not understand!
Weekly Specials Schedule
8:00-8:30: AM Work
10:30-11:15: Finish Math/Spelling
11:55-1:30: Language Arts
1:30-2:40: Science & Social Studies