Welcome to Mrs. Toney’s Class!
Hello! I am one of the 2nd grade teachers at Riley Elementary! I have been teaching for over 15 years and have taught multiple grades including preschool, kindergarten, 2nd, and 3rd. My husband and I have 3 kids who either have graduated from Riley or attend Riley right now. Second grade is such a fun and exciting time in elementary, and I’m so excited to be a part of it!
- (2) 1 in. binders
- 1 sharp point scissors
- (48) #2 sharpened pencils
- 1 large eraser
- 8 count basic colored markers
- 48 count regular crayons
- (4) glue sticks
- (1) 4-pack of dry erase markers
- (1) Marble composition notebook
- (1) pair of headphones
- (5) vinyl or plastic folders with pockets and brads in the following colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue
- disinfecting wipes
- hand sanitizer
- Girls- sandwich baggies and paper towels
- Boys- tissues and gallon baggies
- backpack without wheels
- **We are asking each student to send in $7.00 on the first day of school so that we can purchase Weekly Scholastic Magazines for the year**
- Always be respectful of the teacher’s right to teach, other students’ right to learn, and everyone in the classroom.
- NO cell phone or gum in my classroom.
- Arrive to class on time every day with ALL your needed books and supplies.
- Chromebooks should be at school each day, charged and ready to go.
Tuesday: Counselor, Computer Lab
8:00-8:30: Morning Work
9:00-10:35: Language Arts/Reading/Writing
10:55-11:40: Science/Social Studies
1:15-1:30: Read Aloud