About Mrs. Higham
B.S. in Elementary Education
Computer Literacy endorsement
Indiana University / Indiana State University 2000
M.S. in Elementary Education
Indiana State University 2005
Kindergarten Endorsement 2012
Hello, my name is Kristi Higham. I currently teach 2nd grade. I am beginning my 20th year of teaching this school year. I earned my B.S. in Elementary Education along with a Computer Literacy endorsement in December 2000 from Indiana State University. In August 2001, I began teaching at Shelburn Elementary, where I continued teaching until August 2005. At that time, I joined the staff at Davis Park. I spent 9 years at Davis Park before coming to Riley in 2014. In addition, I earned my Master’s degree in 2005 from Indiana State University, as well as my Kindergarten Endorsement in 2012.
I am very excited to continue teaching at Riley this school year! I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!
- (2) 1 inch binders
label one binder with Child’s name and Morning Work
label second binder with Child’s name and Poetry
- (1) Sharp point scissors
- (48) #2 sharpened pencils
- (1) large eraser
- (8) count basic colored markers
- (1) 48 count Regular Crayons
- 4 glue sticks
- (1) 4 pack of dry erase markers
- (1) Art box to contain supplies
- (1) Marble Composition Notebook
- (1) pair of headphones
- (5) vinyl or plastic folders with pockets and brads (one of each color….red, blue, yellow, green, and orange
*on the Red folder write Child’s Name and Reading
*on the Blue folder write Child’s Name and Writing
*on the Yellow folder write Child’s Name and Work
*on the Green folder write Child’s Name
*on the Orange folder write Child’s Name and Take Home Folder
- Disinfecting wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Girls-sandwich baggies and paper towels
- Boys-tissues and gallon baggies
- (1) backpack without wheels
- Always be respectful of the teacher’s right to teach, other students’ right to learn, and everyone in the classroom.
- NO cell phone or gum in my classroom.
- Arrive to class on time every day with ALL your needed books and supplies.
- I will dismiss you at the end of class – NOT the bell.
Tuesday: Computer Lab
8:00-8:30: Students arrive and begin morning work
8:30-10:35: Reading Block
10:35-10:50: First recess
10:55-11:45: Integrated Learning
12:30-1:10: Special Classes
1:10-2:40: Math Block
2:40-2:45: Prepare to leave